Dennen, V.P. (2026). From lurkers to networkers: Cultural and epistemic dimensions of developing professional learning networks in online graduate education. Proceedings of the International Conference on Networked Learning, 15. https://doi.org/10.54337/nlc.v15.10887 To me, one of the most interesting ideas in this article was the concept that many people begin their professional learning network (PLN) journey as 'lurkers' before becoming active contributors. As someone with more than 30 years of leadership experience in casino and hospitality operations, I found this concept completely relatable. During my career, I often learned by observing experienced leaders, listening carefully, and studying successful practices before contributing my own ideas. The article helped me realize that this behavior is a natural part of the learning process and not a weakness. The article argues that developing a PLN is much more than simply joining online group...
Okay, I started my Instagram journey today. Unsure what that means, but here are my initial thoughts: 1. What is this? 2. Who decided that I am or should be interested in World Cup and DIY videos? 3. Why do I keep realizing I've just watched another 10 videos and can't reclaim that time? 4. Then, I watch another 10... 5. I attempted to "Post" but I think I only sent a "Message". 6. Okay, I think I see what this is about now. 7. My initial #7 was a simple 4-letter word with an exclamation point - but I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression... {':'}
This has been quite a week and quite a day. I'll paraphrase a quote often attributed to aviation pioneer Bessie Coleman: "Gravity doesn't pause while you learn how to fly." For now, I'll close my eyes and take a deep breath. Exhale. Smile. Proceed to the next thing.
Comments
Post a Comment